Quality – Lean Six Sigma Manufacturing
NSA’s Quality Management System, Certified to ISO 9001:2008, is focused on the enhancement of customer satisfaction through continual improvement of processes and product.
This independent validation of NSA’s quality standards recognizes that:
- a set of procedures cover all key processes
- monitoring processes are in place to ensure the procedures are effective
- there is adequate record keeping
- outputs are checked for defects, with appropriate corrective actions where necessary
- individual processes and the quality system itself are reviewed regularly for effectiveness
- there is a commitment to continual improvement. (Please view our Continuous Improvement Imperative Brochure for additional information)
NSA performs 1st Article Inspections, In-process inspections performed by Operators and Quality Technicians and Final Inspections (as required) to all our products. Utilizing precision measuring equipment such as a CMM, an Oasis, a Virtex scanner, along with a multitude of other measuring equipment, NSA has the capabilities to measure tight tolerance parts. NSA has engaged MSA philosophes preforming GR&R’s on multiple gauges/families.
Corrective/Preventative Actions: NSA utilizes a step approach to handling customer returns, with full team involvement:
- Immediate Containment/Notification
- Root Cause Identification
- Short Term and Long Term Corrective Actions
- Verification of effectiveness of actions
- Preventative Planning for Future and Like errors.
NSA will continue its journey with Lean to improve the way we do business.