Founded in 1982 in St. Johnsbury, Vermont by Neal S. Austin, NSA Industries LLC was built on a reputation of excellence; Excellence in quality and performance. The Company grew from its initial customer, the manufacturer of the Garden Way Garden Cart, to the only metal fabrication, machining and powder coating operation of its kind in Northern New England. It is now owned by a small group of shareholders and management.
Brochure Download – NSA Industries – Company Description
TODAY: As an ISO 9001:2008 certified company, NSA Industries, LLC, with over 250 employees, is the largest metal fabrication, machining, and powder coating operation of its kind in Northern New England. As one of Northern Vermont’s most important employers, our workforce is the cornerstone of our business. Average tenure exceeds 8 years on all critical functions allowing for essential continuity of the manufacturing processes. The Company currently owns and operates out of two state of the art facilities in Lyndonville & St Johnsbury, Vermont totaling 170,000 sq. ft. The establishment of manufacturing cells for select customers has created many cross functional teams within buildings. Lean Six Sigma Black Belts and Green Belts on staff lead the company in lean manufacturing practices and continuous improvement initiatives.
WHAT WE DO:
NSA works collaboratively with customers to develop manufacturing solutions, including:
- Metal Fabrication of equipment or component parts by cutting, shaping, welding and assembly of various materials.
- Machining – Turning, drilling, boring or milling of metal and plastic using power-driven machine tools with a sharp cutting tool to mechanically cut the material to achieve a desired shape.
- Powder Coating – Applying dry paint to parts and baking them to form a continuous film that is more durable than conventional “wet” painting. Powder coating provides unlimited color choices, scratch resistant surfaces and uses fewer toxins in the process.
- Engineering and Prototype Development – Utilizes state-of-the-art CAD software to refine the manufacturability of the parts and developing full-size prototypes to prove the processes.
- Assembly – Using a Single Piece Flow process, numerous custom assembly lines have been established, which are supported by Kanban systems.
OUR MISSION: NSA is dedicated to being the premier manufacturing partner in the Northeast for customers seeking precision machining, fabrication, and powder coating. We are committed to continued investment in technology and skilled workforce in order to provide the most comprehensive range of services.